I’ve been getting the GMing itch lately.
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to run a game until February at the earliest.
One of my first reactions to the idea of running a game was to think about asking people I play with the following questions:
If you could have me run any RPG campaign for you…
- What genre would it be? (examples: fantasy, cyberpunk, pulp, kitchen sink, etc.)
- What tone would it have? (examples: horror, heroic, shades-of-gray, funny, etc.)
- Is there any setting element that it would have that isn’t included in the above? (examples: steampunk, city-based, spaceship-based, interdimensional travel, etc.)
- What sort of character would you play? (examples: too many to list)
- What sorts of plots would you like? (examples: conspiracies, politics, dungeon raids, etc.)
Then it occurred to me that no one has ever really asked me all these questions in preparation for a campaign. This made me sad.
Feel free to answer the questions in the comments. I’m curious.