One-on One Gaming
I ran into this thread on EN World this morning and it got me thinking about GMing for a single player. This is a subject I’ve been interested in for awhile – so much source material for RPGs is based around a single protagonist rather than a team. It seems as though a one-player, one-GM game might be liberating in a number of ways.
I don’t have any particular plans or intentions to run a game this way, I’m just interested in the possibility.
Since I am interested in the possibility, though, I did a quick search and came up with some links to check out later. I thought I’d share them:
- Beast Hunters – this looks like an indie game designed pretty much for this purpose. The game’s scope might be a bit narrow, though.
- A Save My Game column from Wizards on one-on-one campaigning.
- A Guide to Solo Campaigns from the Wizards boards.
- A Treasure Tables blogpost.
- A Treasure Tables forum thread on preparing solo adventures.
Other suggestions are welcome…